Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Thing #5 - Instant Messaging

Instant Messaging is confusing to me now.  Ten years ago I used it all the time on my very simple AOL account.  Now there is AIM, GoogleTalk, YahooMessenger and another one that I can't think of right now.  It's confusing.  It's too late to talk to one of the people that I'm supposed to Instant Message so I'll try to do that tomorrow.  I think I'll check out that Meeko (or whatever it's called) and see if I can't simply my Instant Messaging a little.  I've been using AIM but since I've read this I realize that some of my friends are probably on other messengers which is why I never see them online like I used to.  Geeeeesh . . . so much to keep up with.  This is so great for me!!  I was beginning to get too far behind on this technology stuff again.  I can't imagine not being able to come up with something to write about.  This is just nonsense that no one will read anyway so it really doesn't matter what I write.  I can write abbbbbbaa babbbba woo woo and no one will ever even know because no one has any reason to read this.  Hmmm . . . maybe I'll tell my friend Tin that I'm doing this for awhile and I can say Hi to her once in while even while I'm learning.  Does this blogging stuff work like that too?  Will I find it in my e-mail if she responds to one of my blogs.  Inquiring minds want to know.  No - inquiring minds NEED to know.  Tomorrow is another day . . . nite.

3 comments:

  1. I know you wrote “abbbbbbaa babbbba woo wo” :)

    It is possible to configure your blog so if anyone leaves a comment on one of your posts you will receive an email message. (Of course if you don’t have that set up you may not see this comment telling you how to set it up.)

    In Blogger you can find the option on the Settings tab. It’s under the Comments area and look for the area labeled Comment Notification Email. All you need to do is add your email address in the box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Thanks Allana. I managed to find your comment so now I can fix my settings tab. Now there are two of us who know I wrote "abbbbbbaa babbba woo woo" . . . let's not tell. :-#
    After I talked to you today, I found this cute list of Emoticons. I'm really going to be making faces now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make that three of us who know!

    ReplyDelete