Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Thing #11 - An easy one - Hooray!!

For Thing #11 I need only write about "technology" and comment on another persons Blog. I already commented, however, I don't much like doing that. I feel like I'm "stalking" them. I'd feel better if it was someone I actually know but I don't really know anyone here, I don't think.

I tried posting a comment on the Nebraska Librarian's with Pet group that I was guided to on Flickr but I'm either doing something wrong or no one posts there. I not sure. I really love learning all this "stuff" but there is sooooo much to comprehend. The hardest part, for me, is keeping it all straight. There must be some way to keep this all in one particular spot on my computer so I can find it. I'm sure I'll figure that out eventually. Right now I just have things on my Bookmark Bar.

The RSS feeds are fascinating but there is, again, sooooo much information to week through. I want to find a good site that has new releases or coming releases of teen-aged, middle-school aged kids. About ages 10 to 14. I'll be looking for something like that as soon as I'm finished with all of the Things on my list. I wanted to subscribe to our local Douglas County Post Gazette but I couldn't find a feed icon and figured they probably don't have that yet. Something else I will check into a bit further when I have a little more time. I know I was told of more than one way to find feeds on sites so maybe there is one and I'm just missing it.

I have a phone that gets internet service but everything adds up so much when you start doing those types of things. I have an IPod that I love. The amazing thing to me is how the cost of these electronic things is so easily accepted. I see kids dropping their phones, or losing them, or just simply leaving them behind to grab later and I'm just "jaw-dropped". If they lose them, or break them, I see them with another one in a matter of days. How has our society become so accepting of these costs that we don't value things. VCR players turned into DVD players turned into blu-ray players . . . each update costs more and each movie for each update costs even more too. Are we doing it? Mostly "yes". Here I am on my Mac computer, with my Ipod and my new phone but I need a new front porch. It's almost disgusting. I just don't want to get totally left behind and I can afford small things . . . it's the huge costs that get me . . . so I pay for a phone and let my porch go until spring. Oh well, its much more fun this way!!

No comments:

Post a Comment