Tuesday, January 6, 2009

January 6, 2009

I have no idea, whatsoever, what I'm doing.  I don't even know if I really want this blog here . . . can other people see it??  However, I have been curious about blogging and so I've found Nebraska Learns 2.0 and its FREE.  Yahoo!  And I'm going to learn about blogging, podcasts, RSS something or others and much more.  I've learned so much already and I'm only on "Thing #3".  Woohoo . . . this is going to be a fun ride.

They suggest we pick one of the 7 1/2 habits that will be easiest for us.  For me I believe it will be "Accept responsibility for your own learning".  That's a given for me.  I'm the one that has to be willing - I'm the one who has to take the initiative - I'm the one that has to get off my tushy and do what I need to do to keep up in this world.  I may be getting older but I'm certainly not rusty yet - I need to keep the joints oiled and things like this are what keeps my "learning joint" well-oiled and trying to keep up!

2 comments:

  1. "Older" is relative ... you can check out my "self in mirror" photos on FLICKR, and guess how many decades I've been a librarian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most definitely - I do agree. I love the "self in mirror" photos!! Most of mine have a flash too bright to see me (but I rather like it that way).
    Thanks for posting a comment - however it did answer my question of whether or not others can see it. I'm not really sure how though . . .

    I liked your Santy-Clause too and your library looks very nice. I took a quick look at some of your photos.

    ReplyDelete