Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Thing #21 - U2 can YouTube

My kids have shown me a lot about YouTube . . . they are always showing me different videos that they think are funny. I added one to my blog but I didn't have too much luck doing it. I actually wanted to put it in the center of my blog - in between my "things" posts but I didn't know how to do that or if I even could. As is, it's pretty much off to the side but at least you can tell that I was in YouTube and that I tried to post it to my blog. It's a cute one (if you like cats).

I think YouTube is great. There are so many funny videos (along with a ton of stupid ones) and it's a fun way for people to share their funny little videos. I'm sure, though, that there are people who get ruthlessly humiliated by some of these! That part of it can be bad but I've never seen it happen at the middle school yet or have I heard of it happening. Generally, if someone puts something on YouTube everyone is excited to see it simply because it's someone they know.

I would think these could be used for the library but I'm thinking you could just upload your own without going through YouTube so I'm not sure about that yet. I found some interesting library "tubes" and especially liked the blonde in the library. Everyone that works in a library would get a kick out of that one.

I'm going to move on to Thing #22.

No comments:

Post a Comment