Saturday, January 24, 2009

Thing #18 - PBWiki

OK - I've changed my mind about Wiki's. I like this PBWiki thing but I'm pretty confused. I'm not sure what the difference between a Wiki and a PBWiki is - is it just the site where you can set one up free? Anyway, it was easy to access the Nebraska Learns 2.0 share page and easy to post to it. I didn't try to change anything or move anything but I found it fascinating that people could. It's hard to read, though, with the "crossing out", etc. It took me a minute to catch on to what that was all about. I'm thinking that once I get finished with all these things and have more time , I might like to set up a little wiki for the middle school kids that read a lot and, in fact, spend much of their leisure time reading. I think they would like to share book reviews, etc. Since everything is filtered at school they may not be able to get to it but I'm sure they could get it at home or at their local library. I think it will be a fun addition for those handful of kids that would love to share their love of books.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Denise - I just saw your question about the difference between a Wiki and a PBWiki. Wiki is the word that describes the type of application. PBWiki is one particular platform or "brand" of wiki. Does that help?

    ReplyDelete